[IPython-user] Readying for 0.8.3 release

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri May 16 16:20:46 CDT 2008

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 12:16 AM, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 1:11 AM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
>> - did the PDF generation get worked out?  I know people do read the
>> PDF (I've been told so several times) so not losing it would be good.
> Yes, "more or less". The subheadings are still broken, i.e. almost all
> the chapters are at "main level", but the documentation itself looks
> good (syntax highlighting etc) and does it's job. We should probably
> add a note about that, but in any case we should not let it be a
> blocker for the release (anymore).

As long as we have a pdf out, it doesn't need to be perfect.  I just
didn't want to completely lose it.  No point in holding the release
over this though.

>> - did you sort out how to get the magic docstrings automatically in
>> the docs?  My old tool made that automatically, so it wouldn't fall
>> out of sync, but I think when you did the conversion you linked them
>> statically in.  They'll inevitably fall out of sync.
> I generated them with %magic -rest, and pasted them to the document
> manually. It's not too hard to do manually; it can also be automated,
> but I just didn't do it yet.

OK, that sounds reasonable enough.

It seems that on this front things are fine (not perfect, but
certainly not blocker level issues).