[IPython-user] Python for sys admin book - with IPython chapter

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Thu May 22 18:04:24 CDT 2008

Hi all,

I just wanted to provide a link to a new book about using Python for
*nix system administration that was just completed by Jeremy Jones and
Noah Gift (both list regulars):

It's still a few months away in print form, but some of you may want
to put it on your gift list :)

The reason this post is relevant is because Jeremy and Noah were nice
enough to write a long, detailed chapter about IPython for the book!
Both Ville and I provided them with feedback, and I'm very happy to
see two of our users find so much use out of the project.   I actually
learned a thing or two about ipython from their book :)

So thanks to both authors for including ipython in their book, and I
hope it's very successful.  I can certainly vouch for the fact that I
only write shell scripts these days when the script is nothing more
than a linear sequence of simple system calls.  For anything more
complicated I immediately switch to Python, so I think this is an area
where many will find useful knowledge in such a book.