[IPython-user] ipython-user response time

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Mon Aug 3 21:09:47 CDT 2009

Hey Gokhan,

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 1:12 PM, Gökhan SEVER<gokhansever@gmail.com> wrote:
> To me, listening a talk like "IPython from developers perspective" or "How
> IPython Works" would be very useful explaining the internals of IPython
> instantiation, hooks, GUI threading, magic IP system, etc some topics that
> are also mentioned on IPy documentation but in a more new user friendly
> manner.
>
> Probably I will be around those sprint times as well and trying to learn as
> much as I can.

I think there's a short slot planned at the conference for a quick
update on what various 'core' projects are doing, and this will
include us.  Either I or Brian will give a very short update on the
recent work.

I deliberately refrained from proposing any ipython-specific talk at
the conference, because I feel that it's important that we get new
blood, and new topics and projects covered.  I've talked about it so
many times in the past, that I do worry people will get bored/annoyed
:)

But I think that, now that with Brian's refactoring work and all the
thought we've put into design issues behind that, we are making lots
of good 'core' progress, and having taken a little break, I'd be more
than happy to talk about it again next year :)

Having said that, both Brian and I will be there (Brian arrives on
Thursday, I'll be there since Monday) and we'll be more than happy to
chat with you or anyone else on anything ipython-related.