[IPython-user] ipython-user response time

Gökhan Sever gokhansever@gmail....
Mon Aug 3 21:56:26 CDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 9:09 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Gokhan,
>
> On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 1:12 PM, Gökhan SEVER<gokhansever@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > To me, listening a talk like "IPython from developers perspective" or
> "How
> > IPython Works" would be very useful explaining the internals of IPython
> > instantiation, hooks, GUI threading, magic IP system, etc some topics
> that
> > are also mentioned on IPy documentation but in a more new user friendly
> > manner.
> >
> > Probably I will be around those sprint times as well and trying to learn
> as
> > much as I can.
>
> I think there's a short slot planned at the conference for a quick
> update on what various 'core' projects are doing, and this will
> include us.  Either I or Brian will give a very short update on the
> recent work.
>
> I deliberately refrained from proposing any ipython-specific talk at
> the conference, because I feel that it's important that we get new
> blood, and new topics and projects covered.  I've talked about it so
> many times in the past, that I do worry people will get bored/annoyed
> :)
>
> But I think that, now that with Brian's refactoring work and all the
> thought we've put into design issues behind that, we are making lots
> of good 'core' progress, and having taken a little break, I'd be more
> than happy to talk about it again next year :)
>
> Having said that, both Brian and I will be there (Brian arrives on
> Thursday, I'll be there since Monday) and we'll be more than happy to
> chat with you or anyone else on anything ipython-related.
>
> Cheers,

Fernando,

Glad to hear that you are all full-throttle motivated after all those years
of coding.

Ipython has a great importance of my quick progress in learning Python. Also
Ipy is a great tool to demonstrate Python and the rest of the scientific
Python stack. During my short Python lecturing period here in University of
North Dakota, I realized that live demonstration are an excellent way of
pulling the audiences' attention, although there might be cases that one
might end up making funny mistakes or cases that might not be resolved --a
good pre-preparation is a must to prevent those.

I have lots to talk to you during the conference, bringing all my questions
along with me :) I have also one big project unification plan under Python
umbrella which has been developed with Bash, Csh, Tk, Perl, IDL, C, Fortran,
for over 9 years. Probably will seek opinions on this respect as well.

I will be there on Monday afternoon, let me know if you need any help for
logistics issues.

--
Gökhan