[IPython-user] Vim - IPython integration

Gökhan Sever gokhansever@gmail....
Mon Aug 10 11:01:00 CDT 2009

Hello,

Recently I have switched to Vim/Gvim as a general text editor and for my
Python coding needs.

Following a few information source:

This I couldn't make it working properly
http://ipython.scipy.org/doc/stable/html/api/generated/IPython.hooks.html
IPython.hooks.fix_error_editor

and the cookbook entry seems to be updated:
<http://projects.scipy.org/ipython/ipython/wiki/CookBook>
http://projects.scipy.org/ipython/ipython/wiki/CookBook#Usinggviminservermode

Nabble - IPython - User - A useful couple of
scripts<http://www.nabble.com/A-useful-couple-of-scripts-td15795814.html>
These instructions are somewhat working after typing

import ipy_vimserver
ipy_vimserver.setup('IPy')

each time before I insantiate a bridge between IPy - Gvim (an easy way to
automate this?)

In short, is there a way to work concurrently with Vim and Ipython while the
two are completely aware of each other?

Thanks for any suggestions and comments.

--
Gökhan