[IPython-user] Vim - IPython integration

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Aug 12 00:42:07 CDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 9:01 AM, Gökhan Sever<gokhansever@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Recently I have switched to Vim/Gvim as a general text editor and for my
> Python coding needs.

Sorry to hear that.  I recently got a copy of Emacs really cheap, I
could share it with you if you'd like.  Anything to help a soul in
pain...

> In short, is there a way to work concurrently with Vim and Ipython while the
> two are completely aware of each other?
>
> Thanks for any suggestions and comments.

Joking aside, I have no clue, but it would be really nice, if you get
this working, if you could drop a patch with a small addition to the
docs indicating how to make this work in full.  My workflow just keeps
a side-by-side pair of emacs/terminal, so I've never actually used any
of this functionality.  But it would be nice to clean it up, document
it well and make it very robust, because I know a lot of people do
like it.