[IPython-user] Vim - IPython integration

Gökhan Sever gokhansever@gmail....
Thu Aug 13 21:55:13 CDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 8:31 PM, Wong, Shin Guey<shin.guey.wong@intel.com>
wrote:
> I will hope that we could use IPython's tab completion in Vim. That means
all the code in Vim is evaluate in IPython and when we hit a tab in Vim, it
will show the list of available code completion. We also can get the doc
string from Vim through IPython, it is something I always use in IPython
str? Which will show the doc string and all information for the str
function(can be anything).

> Regards,
> Shin Guey

Tab completion is a part of internal VIM feature if your version is greater
than 7 plus if the VIM compiled with Python option. If you issue a :version
command on VIM or you can see which extensions your VIM was compiled with.

See the screenshot for the tab complete in action:
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/1898/gvimtabcomplete.png

You might follow this article for many additional Python-VIM configurations:
Python and vim: Make your own IDE | tail -f
findings.out<http://dancingpenguinsoflight.com/2009/02/python-and-vim-make-your-own-ide/>

--
Gökhan