[IPython-user] IPython.ipapi.launch_new_instance tries to execute all files in sys.argv!

Matthew Wilson matt@tplus1....
Thu Jul 23 08:16:00 CDT 2009

On Thu 23 Jul 2009 01:58:43 AM EDT, Ville M. Vainio wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 5:57 AM, Matthew Wilson <matt@tplus1.com> wrote:
>> 1.  Is IPython.ipapi.launch_new_instance the right way to start an IPython
>>    session?
> There are many "right" ways to do it, launch_new_instance is one. You
> need to clean up sys.argv to however you want ipython to see it before
> launching.

Thanks for the feedback!  Altering sys.argv seems a little odd to me.
Other parts of the code might also might need that information.

What about not automatically executing files in sys.argv by default?