[IPython-user] Running ipython from shell with pylab

Gökhan SEVER gokhansever@gmail....
Sat May 9 14:27:59 CDT 2009

Ok, replying my own question :)

I have solved everything but one issue with the following code snippets:

import IPython
from sys import argv
argv.insert(2, '--pylab')
ipython = IPython.Shell.start()
ip = IPython.ipapi.get()
ip.ex('a = 5')

where it is in splot.py file. And I call it as:    splot.py m.py

# m.py contents:

import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
x = [1,2,3]

The only question is after magic_run executes the script, my current
namespace only contains the variable "a" However x is there but not listed
with "whos" command.

Could you please tell me how can I collect them under one visible namespace?

Thank you again.