[IPython-User] [Min/Brian help] Re: Empty tb field in taskresult.failure

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Mon Jul 19 13:12:46 CDT 2010

Hi Chris,

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 11:50 AM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> At this point I could use a bit of help from Min/Brian: do you know
> where exactly the failure object is *constructed* when we execute a
> StringTask?  That's the only place where the stack is guaranteed to be
> intact enough for us to reconstruct it and store that information.

With help from Brian and Min, this is now fixed with tests:

Please note that the .tb attribute is still None, but that's OK:
that's how Twisted does things.  But your result objects now have
various .print*Traceback() methods that should print the *real*
tracebacks with various levels of detail.  Please let us know if this
does really solve your issue (I think it does).

Thanks for the report and patience!