[IPython-User] Stdout not immediately appearing using %run in IPython 0.10.1

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Tue Oct 19 16:46:10 CDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 1:52 PM, Wes McKinney <wesmckinn@gmail.com> wrote:

> Initial comments by core Python developers looks unlikely that this
> will get fixed in Python 2.x but a workaround is suggested, not sure
> how risky it would be to put this "hack" in IPython:
> http://bugs.python.org/issue10144
> I'd settle for hacking my own IPython but let me know what you recommend

No need to, the environment workaround suggested there is perfectly
clean and safe to apply from our side, I just did:

Thanks for the followup!  Reporting this was indeed the right thing, I
would never have known about that curses environment variable and the
info on the bug tracker discussion was sufficient for us.