[IPython-User] ipython 0.11 crashes when file list is large

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Aug 12 20:26:50 CDT 2011

Hi Julian, Mani,

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 4:12 PM, Julian Taylor
<jtaylor.debian@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I can reproduce the crash by taking the list of files in the dump and
> creating empty files with the same names.
> attached a script which does this. It will create lots of empty files in
> the current working directory. open qtconsole in that directory and do
> cd <tab>

Many thanks for this!  It was indeed a nasty bug in the qt console,
fixed here with tests:

The console would crash on any tab-completion with file/directory
names longer than the width of the window.  As soon as anyone has a
chance to review the PR, we'll merge it and close this nasty crash.