[IPython-User] .pythonrc

Aroldo Souza-Leite asouzaleite@gmx...
Tue Aug 30 01:45:57 CDT 2011

Hi Ken,

try this in your '~/.ipythonrc.d/profile_default/ipython_config.py':

------- <snip>

import os
HOME = os.environ['HOME']
pystartup_path = os.path.join(HOME,'.pystartup') # the non-IPython
Python startup file
ipy_startup_path=  _get_ipy_startup(profile='default') # implemented here
                                                                                       # returns a startup file path for my IPython
               # omit this if you only want the non-IPython startup

c = get_config() # this factory is automatically available in the
'ipython_config.py' module namespace
c.InteractiveShellApp.exec_files = [
     ipy_startup_path, # omit this if you only want the non-IPython
startup file
     # put further startup files here

I hope this helps you.