[IPython-User] Error using idlsave in IPython

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Thu Nov 10 10:09:16 CST 2011

On 10 November 2011 15:33, Gökhan Sever <gokhansever@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> Could you help me to clarify the following idlsave data accessing issue?
> Quick update: This seems to be an issue with IPython. s1['dn'] call works
> fine within regular python shell.
The AttrDict object tries to do item lookup from attribute access, but if
the name is not found, it doesn't translate the error to an AttributeError.
IPython looks for a particular attribute to control its input filtering
behaviour, but it's not prepared for getattr() to raise a KeyError. IPython
should probably catch arbitrary errors there. Feel free to file an issue so
we don't forget about it: