[IPython-User] how to setup python notebook to run on a local network

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Nov 30 14:03:36 CST 2011

Hi Massimo,

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 12:28 PM, Massimo Di Stefano
<massimodisasha@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please, have you any instructions on how to setup python notebook with ssl ?
> for now i learned how to  generate an ssl certificate using something like :
> openssl req -new -x509 -days 365 -nodes -out python-rsa.pem -keyout
> python-rs-key.pem
> is it ok ?
> what's the next step :) ?
> thanks a lot for any hints,

I just wrote a quick howto on precisely how to run a secure notebook
on the public internet:

Please let us know if there's any confusion there so we can update the
docs before the next release.