[IPython-User] Custom color stylesheets for iPython qtconsole

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Tue Oct 18 22:26:10 CDT 2011

You can specify existing pygments styles with

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 8:18 PM, Jason Wirth <wirth.jason@gmail.com> wrote:
> I really like the of adding colors to the ipython console, great feature!
> How do you specify a custom colored stylesheet?
> What's the syntax of the stylesheet, how do I include the stylesheet?

ipython qtconsole --style <pygments-style>

The current list of available styles is:

In [6]: from pygments.styles import STYLE_MAP

In [7]: print STYLE_MAP.keys()
['monokai', 'manni', 'perldoc', 'borland', 'colorful', 'default',
'murphy', 'vs', 'trac', 'tango', 'fruity', 'autumn', 'bw', 'emacs',
'pastie', 'friendly', 'native']

The pygments docs explain how to create new styles, and here's an
example of one: