[IPython-User] Running profile startup files in an embedded IPython instance

Kevin Tran hekevintran@gmail....
Sun Apr 8 12:16:10 CDT 2012

I want to use an embedded IPython shell with a user_ns dictionary and a my profile configuration (ipython_config.py and the startup files). The purpose is to run a Django shell with models imported on startup. django-extensions implements a command called shell_plus that does this:

    from IPython import embed

The problem is that this does not load my startup files. embed() calls load_default_config() which I figure loads ipython_config.py.

How do I make the embedded IPython instance run my profile startup files?