[IPython-User] retrieve previous commands in notebook?

Paul Ivanov pivanov314@gmail....
Fri Apr 27 18:12:33 CDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 3:51 AM, Chao YUE <chaoyuejoy@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just a small question, in normal ipython shell I can use the upward arrow
>> key to retrieve previous
>> commands, is there a way to do this in notebook?
> No, we don't have any tools to retrieve history from the notebook side
> yet, I'm afraid.  You can however copy entire cells, see the Edit menu
> and keyboard shortcuts for how to do it.  It's not the same, but
> remains useful in many cases.

What about just using this:

That works here. We should probably amend loadpy to let it take strings,
and not just filenames. In that case, the above would just simplify to

  %loadpy _i

Paul Ivanov
314 address only used for lists,  off-list direct email at: