[IPython-User] raw_input replacement in ipython Notebook

Brian Blais bblais@gmail....
Wed Aug 8 12:57:39 CDT 2012

I have just started with the iPython notebook, and find it amazing.  Thanks everyone!

I was just wondering if there is an easy way to get user input?  Clearly, raw_input doesn't work, and even if it did you don't want to have to keep flipping over to the kernel window.  However, is there any easy way to have a pop-up text box, which returns its value to the ipython notebook?  I use this sort of thing from time to time to vary the input to something, without having to modify the code each time.

again, thanks,

Brian Blais