[IPython-User] "usage" module shows up in "%who", when using qt console

Paul Ivanov pivanov314@gmail....
Wed Dec 5 16:00:36 CST 2012

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Antony Lee <antony.lee@berkeley.edu> wrote:
> Hi all,
> When I start ipython (0.13.1) in the terminal, %who is initially empty, as
> one can expect; on the other hand, when I start a qt console, %who lists the
> usage module (IPython.core.usage).  I believe this is a bug, but this may be
> due to some misconfiguration by myself too...

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the report. This was indeed a bug, it was fixed by Bradley
Froehle back in July

As always, you can see the currently open bug over at

and submit new bug reports directly over at

Paul Ivanov
314 address only used for lists,  off-list direct email at: