[IPython-User] Incomplete Windows 7 installation

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Thu Feb 9 11:51:12 CST 2012

Hi Paul

On 9 February 2012 17:37, Paul Jurczak <pauljurczak@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Installation completed successfully, log file doesn't have any errors, but
> there is no IPython on Start Menu or Desktop. There are several executables
> in Python32/Scripts directory, but running them produces errors (ipython3
> -> "ImportError: No module named pkg_resources").
> Is there an installation step I missed?

It sounds like you don't have distribute installed - unfortunately we've
found this is necessary on Windows. You can get it here - the simplest way
is using distribute_setup.py

After installing that, if you rerun the IPython installation, you should
see it in the start menu.