[IPython-User] Status of ipython.el and relationship with python-mode.el

rosoloum ribonucleico@gmail....
Thu Feb 16 13:35:03 CST 2012

In reading this thread in StackOverflow:
"IPython Emacs Integration":

I learned that ipython.el is known to be out of date, and that the IPython
community is working on a fix. More specifically the accepted answer in
StackOverflow points to this other thread in github:
"Emacs freezes when tab is hit in ipython with latest python-mode":

It looks like there was some substantial activity in that github thread, but
I couldn't find any references to the fixes mentioned in the thread in the
mailing list archives for users or devs, nor a follow-up discussion.

With this, I have a few, hopefully short questions:
* What is the status of the fixes to ipython.el?
* Is ipython.el now bundled withing the ipython package? Is there a site
where I can track the progress in this direction? (the github thread above
seems to be closed)
* Does ipython.el need python-mode.el to work?

Thanks so much for the great work.