[IPython-User] ipython very slow after ~100 commands

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Wed Feb 29 04:52:53 CST 2012

On 29 February 2012 08:51, Chao YUE <chaoyuejoy@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have the problem that after around 100 commands in the interactive mode
> using ipython, it becomes very slow that I have to restart the session.

What are these commands? If they're producing large objects in the output,
it's possible that it's using up a lot of memory. If it happens with any
commands, I'm not sure.

> I am using python 2.7.1 and ipython 0.10.1, does anyone know what can be
> the potential problem? thanks.

IPython 0.10.1 is quite old now. It might be better in newer versions. No
guarantee though, I haven't heard of this problem before.