[IPython-User] Help troubleshooting notebook as public server

Tue Jan 10 02:00:06 CST 2012

Le 10 janv. 2012 à 00:57, Michael Waskom a écrit :

> Hi Fernando,
> Thanks for the hypothesis generation. It turns out that indeed we do have a firewall on the network side that was blocking access.  To get IT to open some ports for me, I need to answer the following question, which I couldn't figure out from the docs (compounded by my limited understanding of, well, the internet):  whether the ports use UDP or TCP.

Sorry for poping in.
Do you also have a proxy ? I had a similar issue at work but didn't realized it before.
I have to manually unset the proxy for the given hostname when I'm on the same side of the proxy than the webserver :

For the ports to open, don't forget that if you open several webserver they will use different ports.
For TCP or UDP, I would guess TCP :
Wikipedia :
WebSocket is a technology providing for bi-directional, full-duplex communications channels, over a single Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) socket.