[IPython-User] adding files to the notebook list

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Thu Jan 12 11:35:10 CST 2012

2012/1/12 Zoltán Vörös <zvoros@gmail.com>:
> Hi All,
> I have noticed that on linux, not all file managers work with the "Drag
> files" method when one wants to import ipython scripts in the
> htmlnotebook.

I am not what you mean by this.  Could you elaborate further.

> I was wondering whether, in order to circumvent similar
> issues, a file chooser could be added to the HTML interface, or it would
> entail serious security problems, and it was a conscious decision not to
> go down that path.

We would love to, but to implement a more traditional file chooser
would require using Flash, which we don't want to do at this point.
But this is something we are thinking about how we want to handle.