[IPython-User] [IPython-dev] Adding IPython to Dock on MacOSX

Ray Osborn ROsborn@anl....
Sat Jan 14 07:58:53 CST 2012

I loved the idea but I discovered that I would have had to make a small change to make it work. I had more than one copy of the Qt libraries on my Mac and the app version failed if I didn't specify which library to use. Enthought also creates an IPython launcher as an app, but just use a regular shell as the shebang and run the ipython command directly. I had to add

export DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH="/Library/Frameworks/EPD64.framework/Versions/Current/Frameworks:${DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH}"

before the ipython command to make sure it picked up the Enthought version of Qt.

So you probably have to add something like

where the path points to the frameworks being used by the QtConsole.

On Jan 13, 2012, at 10:51 PM, Brian Granger wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 1:23 PM, Aaron Meurer <asmeurer@gmail.com> wrote:
>> You ought to ship something like this.  You should also do it for the
>> notebook.  The benefit there is that in addition to having a nice icon
>> to double click, you can set it so that double clicking on a .ipnb
>> file opens the notebook.
> Yes, that would be great.
>> Aaron Meurer
>> On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 11:31 AM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Great, many thanks!  I'm forwarding this also to the -user list, as
>>> many there might find it of use.
>>> Cheers,
>>> f