[IPython-User] autoscrolling in html notebook

Paul Ivanov pivanov314@gmail....
Mon Jan 23 15:53:57 CST 2012

Fernando Perez, on 2012-01-22 14:49,  wrote:
> Actually I just realized one thing that may be easy to change, and that
> would help *a lot*: if we could make Escape lose keyboard focus and gain
> 'cell focus', then it would be much easier to page up/down in a notebook.
> Right now page up/down scroll very fast, but only if you have selected a
> whole cell and are not focused inside the cell; it's a little tricky to
> reach that state with the mouse (you have to click the cell outline).  But
> if Esc gave you that, I think most of my scrolling gripes would go away:
> - type type type...
> - Want to scroll up or down? Esc.
> - page up....
> - read what I need
> - page down...
> - Enter
> - back to editing.
> This would be fast and fluid, and would not require the mouse at all.

I'm glad you're warming up to the advantages of a modal editor,
Fernando -- that Miami-SFO flight [1] was just the beginning of a
beautiful metamorphosis ;)

1.  http://python.6.n6.nabble.com/Re-vim-ipython-integration-s-back-tt1657215.html#a1657218

but in all seriousness (and sorry, i haven't followed all the
relevant threads here), this does seem like a good idea - it's
kind of weird that up and down keys allow you to scroll between
cells, but pgup pgdown don't.

back to the woodwork for me...
Paul Ivanov
314 address only used for lists,  off-list direct email at: