[IPython-User] Untitled notebooks

Zoltán Vörös zvoros@gmail....
Tue Jan 24 14:01:32 CST 2012

Hi All,

I have noticed that whenever I try to create a new notebook, the
notebook is written to disk immediately, even if I don't ask ipython to
do that. This has the undesired effect that, if I close this project
without saving it, and then creating a new one, well, a new one will be
created. So, very soon, I have Untitled0 to Untitled22, while I didn't
want to save anything. (The situation that I refer to here is when I use
these notebooks as a scratch paper, for a quick calculation, which
should not be preserved.) My question is whether this is the intended
behaviour. If not, is this something that could be changed?