[IPython-User] How to display SVG file in Notebook?

klo uo klonuo@gmail....
Mon Jul 2 21:06:53 CDT 2012

I don't know, but I searched half hour, and read many thing about
IPython and SVG but not what I was looking for.

I have SVG plot (it's not matplotlib plot, it's just a file from
wikipedia) and want to embed it in Notebook.

I tried through known matplotlib functions but nothing shows in Notebook.

Referencing it with Image (from IPython.core.display import Image)
can't seem to handle it too.

I even tried to embed the file as HTML object in a hope that browser
will render it:

<object data="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4c/CMYK_color_swatches.svg"

but nothing.

Is it at all possible?