[IPython-User] Possible to use web-socket-js wrapper?

debjan otrov@hush...
Sat Jun 9 18:01:50 CDT 2012

Thanks for your suggestions, webkit maybe has COM interface maybe
not, but anyhow it's not suitable for my example unfortunately

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 00:13:59 +0200 Min RK wrote:
>The notebook uses other HTML5/CSS beyond websockets, and we have
>no interest in supporting IE (at least not IE < 10).
>I don't think it would be too hard to use one of the websocket
>wrappers, though (e.g socket.io) for just that part.

IE8 does support HTML5 partially like all other browsers, maybe
less then rest thou. IE10 preview, limits usability to Windows 7.
What HTML5/CSS3 feature does Notebook require, that IE8 could not

Screenshot of IE8 browser in action: http://i.imgur.com/gGyV5.png

Thanks for sockets.io suggestion. Can you give me some pointers
what needs to be tweaked in Notebook source? On which files should
I concentrate? I've never done any serious js before

If my questions are too ambitious, I'll understand lack of reply :)