[IPython-User] Updating required files for notebook - to get the --browser cmd line option

Tony Cappellini cappy2112@gmail....
Wed Mar 14 13:15:19 CDT 2012

>>Try this: BROWSER=google-chrome ipython notebook
This didn't cause any errors or tracebacks, but chrome did NOT get launched.
The iPython server did startup though.

>>likely because python standard library webbrowser module
>>registers firefox itself if it can find it.
Oddly enough, the webbrowser modele for Python 2.72 does not have an entry
from Chrome. It does have entries for all other browsers none to mankind

>>The BROWSER environment variable (as documented in the --browser
>>help string) works for everything, at the moment
It works partially for me. No errors are displayed, but chrome doesn't get