[IPython-User] ipython installation on osx 10.6.8

MinRK benjaminrk@gmail....
Fri Mar 16 17:29:55 CDT 2012

Your installation is probably fine.

IPython has two color schemes.  The default color scheme on OSX is
'lightbg', because the default terminal on OSX is black-on-white.

To change the colors to the dark-background (called 'Linux' for some
reason), set it at IPython startup:

$> ipython --colors=linux

or from inside IPython with the `%colors` magic:

In [1]: %colors linux

or set it permanently in your ipython_config.py:

# initialize default config, if you haven't already:
$> ipython profile create

edit ~/.ipython/profile_default/ipython_config.py
and find the line with 'c.TerminalInteractiveShell.colors', and
uncomment it, changing it to:

    c.TerminalInteractiveShell.colors = 'Linux'