[IPython-User] custom tab-completion for user magic function

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Tue Nov 6 05:23:05 CST 2012

On 6 November 2012 09:20, Valentin Kuznetsov <vkuznet@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm looking for instruction/documentation how to make tab-completion for
> user magic function. Can someone help me with that.

For making the functions themselves, look at IPython.core.completerlib. The
function reset_completer() is pretty much the smallest possible example.
You just need to return a list of strings.

For registering the functions, see the code in
particularly the lines that start 'self.set_hook('.

Hope that helps,