[IPython-User] Hide code cells in the notebook

Raju Joseph raju.s.joseph@gmail....
Tue Nov 27 02:06:31 CST 2012

Thanks a lot Johan. This is going to be most helpful.

**NOOB question alert**
Is there any way in which a markdown cell could be used to create an input
form to accept variables/parameters?
These variable values could then be used to pipe into the code in the
IPython input cells.

This along with "toggle input" would be very useful in building quick-fix
applications or application prototypes. (especially custom reporting
Such a notebook created could then be safely shared with business
teams (aka teams who go glassy eyed on seeing code that need to be meddled

I believe raw input is currently not handled by IPython, hence not sure if
that would prevent the creation of such a form.

Seeking forgiveness in advance if the question was a stupid one.

Many Thanks,