[IPython-User] pyreadline stopped working

Pete Forman petef4+usenet@gmail....
Wed Sep 12 06:22:29 CDT 2012

I'm using IPython on Windows 7 under virtualenv/pip with Python 2.6.6
and 2.7.3. I abruptly lost the readline features: prompt color has gone with
escape codes being printed literally, history completion stopped, cannot
log out with ctrl-D, etc. Actually ctr-D is reported to be a SyntaxError
and the colors look good on that. This has happened in all my virtualenv
instances. Upgrading one of them from ipython 0.12.1 to 0.13 made no

The only change I can think of is Patch Tuesday.

Pete Forman