[IPython-User] [nbconvert] convert to html raise IOError

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Thu Feb 14 10:16:52 CST 2013

On 14 February 2013 16:03, Francesco Montesano <franz.bergesund@gmail.com>wrote:

> IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
>> '/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/IPython/frontend/html/notebook/static/css/boilerplate.css'
The disconnect is that nbconvert is looking for the static files in a
subdirectory within the python package, but Debian is keeping those files
at a separate location, /usr/share/ipython/notebook/static. [1]

I guess we should provide a general 'find static files' function, which
nbconvert can call. Then that function can be patched by the packagers.

[1] Here's the patch in the IPython packaging: