[IPython-User] Where is IPython taking the png files from?

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Mon Jun 3 07:26:28 CDT 2013

Hi Jose,

On 3 June 2013 09:28, Jose Guzman <sjm.guzman@gmail.com> wrote:

> For that, I would need to figure out how the IPython notebook "loads"
> these figures. At the moment, what I see in the json file is something
> like "output_type": "display_data", and a huge number.

The huge number is actually the PNG data, base64 encoded. It's also
possible to display image files, either by embedding the data into the
notebook, or as a reference to the file. Have a look at this notebook:

Hope that helps,