[IPython-User] extract the code from old version notebook

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Thu Mar 28 06:37:51 CDT 2013

On 28 March 2013 11:13, Chao YUE <chaoyuejoy@gmail.com> wrote:

> I update my ipython from 0.12 to 0.13.1 and found the old version of
> notebook could not be opened.
> Is there other way to retrieve the code inside without setting a virtual
> envrionment which keeps the old version of ipython?

The new version should be able to open the older file (but not vice versa).
If you can't open the old file, that's probably a bug - are there any error
messages either in the browser or at the terminal? Is the notebook file
something you can post so we can test it?