[IPython-User] forking ipython notebook

Gerald Dalley gerald.dalley@gmail....
Wed Oct 2 11:51:56 CDT 2013

Is there a way to take an existing ipython notebook session, fork it, and
be able to access both the original and the forked notebooks?

Sometimes I working on datasets that take a very long time to load and are
either unpicklable or expensive to pickle.  It'd be nice to be able to load
up the data once, then before doing destructive experimentation fork a new
process, attach to it, and proceed with my experimentation.

I tried my luck by forking, but unsurprisingly the forked process didn't
appear in the notebook list as a new entry.

--Gerald Dalley