[IPython-User] nbviewer down ?

Fri Oct 18 03:27:47 CDT 2013

Le 17 oct. 2013 à 16:57, Ondřej Čertík a écrit :

> On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Ondřej Čertík <ondrej.certik@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> The website:
>> http://nbviewer.ipython.org/
>> appears to be down for me right now. Any idea what the problem could be?
> I tried for a few minutes. Now it seems to be back up. I am attaching
> a screenshot of what I was seeing.

Yes, indeed, It apparently fixed itself. The error message was the classical error message heroku shows when app is down.

If it happens again, feel free to @-mention us on hipchat

Some of us receive text message when not logged in to the chat, so we
should respond much faster to that than emails :-)

Also when this happen, as backup plan, Min and I respectively  deploy our dev branch here:

also spawning your own nbviewer on heroku for free once you have an account take …. :

… ~2minutes 40 sec (just did the test, http://anappname.herokuapp.com/ ) but agreed, I'm used to it.

We are also moving to rackspace and Kyle Kelley is building a salt stack to ease deployment of nbviewer.