[IPython-User] svg images are not properly displayed within IPython Notebook

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Wed Feb 5 11:46:34 CST 2014

Hi Em,

On 4 February 2014 22:00, empy <emilia.petrisor@gmail.com> wrote:

> The svg image generated by Asymptote is OK (it is automatically saved in
> the
> current directory), but it is not well visualized within IPython Notebook.
> The jpg image is  a snip from notebook,  I took with shutter and included
> here to point out the difference in quality.

Ah, it's a screenshot. That makes sense now. It looks like the SVG is
referring to a resource file somewhere that it can't find when you display
it. When I inspect the source of one the SVG that does work, the coloured
background is defined like this:

<image y="123.271" xlink:href="imagecontour_0.png" x="79.7616"
width="257.328" height="193.948"></image>

And here's that image:

How did you display the SVG in the notebook that resulted in it breaking?