[Nipy-devel] Testing failing in formulas (was: Re: nipy without pynifti)

Wed Nov 25 02:23:28 CST 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 08:09:19PM +0100, Gael Varoquaux wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 10:06:20AM -0800, Jonathan Taylor wrote:
> >      The problem pops up with a recent sympy version. It appears when
> >      running:
> >      nipy/neurospin/utils/tests/test_dmtx.py

> >    Where can I find test_dmtx.py?

> Ah, it is not in trunk, apparently. It is in the trunk-neurospin branch:
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~nipy-developers/nipy/trunk-neurospin/annotate/head%3A/nipy/neurospin/utils/tests/test_dmtx.py
> Unfortunately, simply copying it won't work, because you need other code
> from trunk-neurospin.

Actually, I can replicate this outside of the neurospin code. If you run
the tests in nipy/modalities/fmri with a recent sympy, you'll get a bunch
of failures, including some that look like:

TypeError: <lambda>() takes exactly 7 arguments (1 given)

for example in test_formula.py, for test 'test_natural_spline'.

Gaël