[Nipy-devel] [nipype] 0.3 plans

Michael Hanke michael.hanke@gmail....
Wed Nov 25 05:48:59 CST 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 10:00:54PM -0800, Christopher Burns wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 9:03 PM, Yaroslav Halchenko
> <lists@onerussian.com> wrote:
> >  nipype 0.2 now sits in the NEW queue ;)
> >  http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html
> >
> >  Meanwhile 0.2 (and networkx) were "backported" for squeeze
> >  and sid and made available from neuro.debian.net
>
> That was quick.  That's excellent!
>
> >  http://www.pymvpa.org/files/neuropy_history_99full_sw.png
>
> Very nice!  What's the "bad apple" top-center?

The was the time when Mathworks discontinued support for the Mac (and
not resumed it until 4 years later with the advent of OSX). If you
search the web you can find nice email from around that time. Main them
is: We had this awesome Matlab toolbox to do X for the Mac, but now we
are weeping all day long ... ;-)

You can even find evidence for people begging at Mathworks door.

Nice argument for Python.

Michael

--
GPG key:  1024D/3144BE0F Michael Hanke