[Nipy-devel] Visualization code refactor

Fri Jan 8 11:06:46 CST 2010

On Fri, Jan 08, 2010 at 05:53:27PM +0100, Stephan Gerhard wrote:
> I would like to see the visulization code going into Nipy release.

Glad to hear that. Bear in mind that it _will_ have problems (I don't
know which yet) because its not been used heavily-enough yet.

The code I am talking about is 2D-only, and non-interactive, but the good
thing is that it uses only matplotlib, so it can be easily run headless
and server-side to generate reports (à la FSL), which is what I use it
for.

> Btw, I am using your OrthoSlicer example script in ConnectomeViewer:)
> <http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~cviewer-dev/connectomeviewer/trunk/files/head%3A/cviewer/visualization/volume/> (mentioning you as the author of course)

That's really cool. It's absolutely meant for this. I want to make it
more and more robust and hopefully one day integrate it to Mayavi, so
that you can rely on it.

Take care,

Gaël