[Nipy-devel] Request for testing

Dav Clark dav@alum.mit....
Tue Jan 19 19:16:09 CST 2010

On Jan 19, 2010, at 12:45 PM, Matthew Brett wrote:

> Gael, Dav in particular?

First, thanks Matthew!

> There's a new routine in nipy.io.imageformats called
> 'as_closest_canonical', that is designed to reorder an image data
> matrix so that it is as close as possible to canonical (XYZ) order -
> for your visualization pleasure.  As in:
>
> import nipy.io.imageformats as nii
> sag_img = nii.load('sagittal.nii')
> ax_img = nii.as_closest_canonical(sag_img)

I'm pretty sure you are identifying things (and you even corrected the
sign on one of the dimensions I had that was backwards), but things
don't end up in the correct ordering. It's probably obvious to you if
you check this against an image that you've turned right-side up (in a
manner of speaking) with another tool.

Let me know when you're ready for me to have another look, or if you'd
like a patch from me or whatever.

Cheers,
Dav