[Nipy-devel] easy_install binary generation for linux anyone?

Fri Jan 14 14:22:46 CST 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 02:04:44PM -0500, Matthew Brett wrote:
> Eleftherios and I are just hacking on with the dipy release, and we've
> run into the problem of how to generate easy_install eggs for the
> different linux distributions (32, 64, debianesque, etc).

    python setup.py bdist_egg

> Does anyone have a good rig for that sort of thing?

No. VMs are your friend. In my experience it's quite time-consuming.

> Or pointers to helpful resources?

I find the setuptools documentation unreadable, but it's the only
document I use. Sorry for the little amount of adivce.