[Nipy-devel] Latest and greatest in visualization of MRI data?

Yaroslav Halchenko lists@onerussian....
Tue Jan 25 09:24:34 CST 2011

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011, Gael Varoquaux wrote:
> > For Debian we don't care which flavor of 'free' you are using. There was
> > something with one of the Cecill licenses that was problematic,
> Do you have any reference on that. I am interested. I free that the
> French government's reading of what is GPL-compatible does not match that
> of the FSF.
Well -- whenever you hear me or Michael speaking about licenses being
"problematic" we most of the time imply "not free according to Debian
Free Software Guidelines"... There were issues with CeCill not being
DFSG-compliant but I think that later versions of Cecill licenses
resolved it (v2 Cecill and B,C), so everything should be smooth now ;-)

Debian archive already carries quite a few tools under those licenses
(e.g. openmeeg)