[Numpy-discussion] Request for Datasets

Robert Kern kern at its.caltech.edu
Tue Apr 11 18:16:19 CDT 2000

I'm working on a Multipack module to use ODRPACK for non-linear regression
problems.  ODRPACK is available from NETLIB if you want information:

I'm in the debugging phase right now, and I want to be able to test my
interfaces to most if not all of ODRPACK's capabilities.

Consequently, I need datasets with some of the following properties:

* multiple inputs (or a vector of inputs)
* multiple responses (or a vector of responses)
* errors/weights on either the responses, inputs, or both
* covariance matrices for the errors on responses/inputs/both (in the case
  of multiple inputs/responses)
* any differentiable functional form that I can make a Python function
  compute using Numpy and SpecialFuncs ufuncs (and maybe a few others)
* problems where it is sensible to fix particular parameters and estimate
  the others
* problems where it is sensible to fix particular datapoints
  (e.g. boundary conditions)
* problems where some datapoints should be removed

I would be much obliged if any of you could send me datasets that have
some of these characteristics.  I would prefer them to be in something
parsable by Python, either a simple plaintext format or even NetCDF to
goad me into learning how to use Konrad's NetCDF interface.  A description
of the function to fit to is necessary, and a brief description of the
problem and perhaps even the expected answers would be nice.

*** Please e-mail these to me and not the list.

If you would like more information or clarification, please e-mail me.

Many thanks for your time and possible contribution.

Robert Kern
kern at caltech.edu

  -- Richard Harter