[Numpy-discussion] single precision routines in NumPy?

Joe Van Andel vanandel at atd.ucar.edu
Wed Feb 2 12:35:34 CST 2000

I would like a single precision version of 'interp' in the Numeric
Core.   (I want such a routine since I'm operating on huge single
precision arrays, that I don't want promoted to double precision.)

I've written such a routine, but Paul Dubois and I are discussing the
best way of integrating it into the core.

One solution is to simply add a new function 'interpf' to
arrayfnsmodule.c .

Another solution is to add a typecode=Float option to interp.

Any opinions on how this single precision version be handled?

Joe VanAndel
Internet: vanandel at ucar.edu