[Numpy-discussion] Newbie Installation problems

Paul F. Dubois paul at pfdubois.com
Tue Aug 28 14:41:07 CDT 2001

Install Python first. From the Numerical Python download site, get the
.exe file (not the zip) and run it. It is a conventional Setup-like
program. Get .exe files for the optional packages if desired and run
time too.

Functions mean and std are available in module MLab.py (note the capital

Python 2.2a2 (#22, Aug 22 2001, 01:24:03) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
IDLE 0.8 -- press F1 for help
>>> import MLab
>>> d = [1,2,4,9,12,24]
>>> MLab.mean(d)